Monday, February 1, 2010

My Rules for Gadgets

So yesterday a friend of mine asked "Why do so many people feel the need to live up to others expectations." This is one of those things I ponder on a regular basis. For many, gadgets are the top new toy, the latest and greatest thing to "change and improve your life." For me, a gadget is anything (from a well organized coupon book to a reader)that makes my life all that much easier and helps me to prioritize my time. For the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a gadget is simply a "device". Generally, I do not have the newest, latest or greatest gadget. I buy what I need and if I don't need all of the bells and whistles, I get the model that has only what I need.

Like my friend, I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about the stuff they need. One fo my favorites is that their car is 3 years old and they need a new one for the simple reason that they have the old body style.

I do try to remind myself quite often that every one's priorities and lifestyle/situation are unique.

So here is my rule for the gadgets in my life: simply that it must help to simplify my day and does not necessarily need to be new, shiny, or flashy. It just needs to work and work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment